Applications for the 2020-2021 Imagine NB Youth Delegation are currently open! Interested candidates need to send their applications in by September 25, 2020.
On September 25th, 2020, shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to interviews with our Advisory Committee Members. Interviews will take place virtually from September 28th to October 2nd, 2020.
The list of selected Imagine NB Youth Delegates for 2020-2021 will be published on October 2nd, 2020.
At NBMC, we are all different. That is one of our biggest strengths; it enables us to continue #GrowingTogether. We are looking to create an inclusive cohort representing diverse walks of life in New Brunswick, including but not limited to: gender identity, immigration journeys, language, geography, and ethnicity. Below are the eligibility requirements:
- Entering grade 10, 11, or 12 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Have an upper-basic proficiency level in 1 of the official languages of Canada.
- Currently reside in the province of New Brunswick.
- Able to maintain a full-time commitment for the entirety of the year. The total estimated time commitment is of 200 hours (25 days) over a period of 6 months for 2020-2021.
Examples of Qualities for an Ideal Imagine NB Delegate
- Complete and submit this Application Form
- 1 reference letter (upload to the application form)
- Submit your Candidate Profile – see below (upload to the application form)
Your Candidate Profile is the personalized component of the application process. Here you have the opportunity to show us your creativity, interests, passions, skills, and have fun! The Candidate Profile component has two tasks:
- Tell us about yourself and about a topic you care about (from food, sports, hobbies, literally anything… tell us what makes you, YOU!). You decide how you want to show us who you are: an artwork, a portfolio, a poem, a cool video (3mins max) or an up-beat catchy song, get creative!
- Please answer two (2) questions from the list below. You can send your answer on written form (300 words max) or you can send a video (3-5 minutes max). Up to you!
- Describe an experience in life that has been significant to you.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What challenges have you faced related to inclusion, equity, diversity, in your community/school, and how would you like to see that challenge resolved?
- What does racism mean to you? What change would you like to see in your country/community/school?
- How would you describe New Brunswick, and what is your favourite part of our province?
Any person in New Brunswick may nominate an eligible youth for the Imagine NB Program. Youth who are nominated do not need to submit a reference letter, unless they are nominated by their immediate family members (i.e. parents/guardians).
Please note that nominated youth still need to complete the application form and candidate profile.
- Complete this Nomination Form
- The Program Manager will then contact your Nominee and ask them to complete the application process