Events and Member Support Coordinator
The New Brunswick Multicultural Council Inc. (NBMC) is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to provide overall support for the planning, preparation and coordination of NBMC events, training sessions, workshops and meetings. An integral member of the NBMC team, the successful candidate must possess excellent listening, reading and writing skills, in both official languages. The successful candidate must also have strong partnership-building skills and have the ability to plan and execute events by effectively tracking and managing resources, timelines, costs, deliverables and performance. This position is a full-time one-year maternity leave.
NBMC is the bilingual nonprofit, umbrella organization for established and emerging multicultural/ethno-cultural associations and immigrant-serving agencies in the province. Since 1983, NBMC has played a key advisory role to federal, provincial and municipal levels of government on issues relating to multiculturalism, immigration, newcomer settlement, retention and labour market integration. NBMC is also valued by the multicultural community as a central coordinating /capacity-building body that promotes efficiency, avoids duplication of services, and allows for an exchange of best practices and other resources through its network of organizations, contacts, partners, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, training sessions, workshops, and sector meetings, which may include note taking and follow up for planning meetings
- Work with event and meeting budgets and ensure they are adhered to
- Coordinate logistics with guest speakers and participants, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Edit and prepare promotional materials
- Support promotion of events, including targeted letters to key stakeholders, including elected and unelected officials
- Assist with securing sponsorships, including drafting and managing correspondence with potential sponsors
- Create and manage invite lists, including RSVPs
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials
- Disseminate helpful resources and information to NBMC members
- Respond to questions from members surrounding events, training and other areas as required
- Support general NBMC operations, including ther duties as required
- Degree or diploma in Business or Office / Administration, Event Management, Social Sciences, Hospitality, Public Relations related studies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both French and English are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail is necessary.
- Must be exceptionally organized and must be able to handle numerous projects at the same time
- Can demonstrate initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, outgoing and prepared to take on new tasks
- Experience in managing social media and online communities an asset
- Some travel is required
Application Deadline: August 16, 2017
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (506)-453-7734 and reference the job title Events and Member Support Coordinator.
Or you can apply here on Career Beacon.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.