← Newsletter

All Your Financial Help

Check out these guides and charts that lay out all the financial benefits available to Canadians affected by COVID-19, plus an overview from the federal government.

Tax Preparation Help for Low-Income Earners

CPA New Brunswick has adapted its free, in-person tax clinics to a virtual format. This free service provided by CPA volunteers is designed to help those in the community with a modest income and simple tax solution. To find out more details and book an appointment, go here. 

Also, visit the Super Clinic guide for more information on eligibility for clinics and to see if there are other Super Clinics (free tax preparation clinics that also offer more information about the RDSP) available near you.

Have You Stopped Working? 

If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, click this link to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), which may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.

Need a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

You can now apply for your SIN online but using this guide, which includes specific instructions for permanent residents and temporary residents. 

Is Your Business Being Affected?

If you are a business owner, then you may be newly eligible for support. The federal government has expanded the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) to businesses that paid between $20,000 and $1.5 million in total payroll in 2019. 

Opportunities New Brunswick (ONB) has also set up this website to keep business owners updated on all federal and provincial support as new information and sources are released.

Are You Enrolled as a Student at a Post-Secondary Educational Institution?

If you’re enrolled at university, college, or other post-secondary educational institutions, the Emergency Bridging Fund for Vulnerable Post-Secondary Students is designed to support students in New Brunswick who are directly impacted by the COVID-19 situation. If you can show financial difficulties in meeting your basic needs between now and the end of the term, you may be eligible for a one-time amount of up to $750, depending on your individual situation.