NBMC has an opening for a Research and Events Assistant. This is an eight week summer position at 35 hours per week. The hourly wage is $12.00. This position is made possible with support from the Canada Summer Job program.
NBMC is the bilingual nonprofit, umbrella organization for established and emerging multicultural/ethno-cultural associations and immigrant-serving agencies in the province. Since 1983, NBMC has played a key advisory role to federal, provincial and municipal levels of government on issues relating to multiculturalism, immigration, newcomer settlement, retention and labour market integration. NBMC is also valued by the multicultural community as a central coordinating /capacity-building body that promotes efficiency, avoids duplication of services, and allows for an exchange of best practices and other resources through its network of organizations, contacts, partners, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with details of events such as conferences, training sessions and workshops.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Support promotion of events.
- Research programs and policies as deemed necessary.
- Research various media outlets for up to date articles/statistics for posting on NBMC’s website/social media.
- Support general NBMC operations, including assistance with events, outreach, and projects when necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be returning to school in the fall of 2017.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Office.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2017
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by fax to (506)-453-7734 and reference the job title Research and Events Assistant-Summer Job Placement.