(last modified on February 20, 2014)
Please read these Terms of Service (ToS) carefully and completely in order to use the Site hosted and maintained by The New Brunswick Multicultural Council Inc., henceforth referred to in this document as NBMC. This Agreement documents the legally binding terms and conditions attached to the use of the publicly and privately hosted online resources available at the domain nb-mc.ca and its sub-domains, and any affiliate and/or child sites hosted on behalf of NBMC.
By using or accessing NBMC’s hosted resources, collectively referred o as “the Site,” in any way, viewing or browsing the Site, or adding your own content to the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service.
NBMC does not warrant that this website or the contents contained within it are free of viruses or bugs. By using this site you accept that it is your own responsibility to ensure you are protected from damage done by computer viruses and other malicious and damaging programs or code, and shall in no way hold NBMC responsible for any damages or loss of data.
NBMC will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its sites are up to date and available. However, NBMC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in the event of service interruption.
Visitors to this Site and/or the information contained therein do so at their own risk. While NBMC makes every effort to make available materials which are current and accurate, it accepts no responsibility for any damages or loss due to inaccuracies in the information presented on the site.
This site is presented “as is” and by accessing it you agree to hold NBMC in no way responsible, directly or indirectly, for any losses, damages to personal property or reputation or damages due to unavailability of services or resulting inaccessibility.
The Site and all of its original content are the sole property of NBMC and are, as such, fully protected by the appropriate international copyright and other intellectual property rights laws.
Contents available through our Site may be the property of additional 3rd party owners or providers and as such may be governed by additional Terms of Service. NBMC strongly encourages you to read the Terms of Service of any 3rd parties in order to abide by their Terms and Conditions.
NBMC grants you the right to use its site and the materials contained within it as outlined in the Terms and Conditions of Service. You have the right to use materials and information obtained from our Site for Educational purposes. You may not under any circumstance use materials found at our Site for commercial gains or for use in solicitation.
You may download and use materials so long as you do not tamper, alter or otherwise modify them without the express approval in writing of NBMC. Any and all trademark, copyright and/or other legally recognized indications of ownership are to be present in their unaltered and original forms.
You may use this website and the resources provided to you by NBMC only as outlined in the Terms of Service. You may not mirror, share, alter, rebrand or otherwise make available content to or from the Site, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of NBMC.
You agree that you will not use any materials provided by NBMC for commercial gain. You may not under any circumstance remove watermarks, branding or any other method of identifying copyright/ownership of material. You may not attempt to obscure or misrepresent NBMC’s or any other party’s ownership of their respective materials.
Our Site does contain a number of links to other websites and online resources that are not owned or controlled by NBMC or the administrators of nb-mc.ca or any of its affiliated sites.
You agree that by using any kind of service hosted by NBMC you will not:
• Harass, defame, abuse or otherwise distress other users of said services
• Divulge personal, private or sensitive materials for any purpose
• At any time use NBMC service to access, transmit, host or otherwise make available materials which are illegal or infringe upon the ownership rights of others
• Upload any material to the Site to which you are not legally entitled to use, publish or redistribute
• Make use of any NBMC services, forums or messaging systems to create, submit, relay or otherwise facilitate bulk (“spam”) messages for the purpose of commercial gain or solicitation
• Distribute material that is considered inappropriate, hateful, obscene, discriminatory, explicit or otherwise objectionable or offensive in nature. It is the individual user’s responsibility to exercise best judgment when evaluating the appropriateness of content. NBMC exercises a zero tolerance policy and may terminate access to materials without warning or recourse for users who violate this policy
• Use any NBMC service to distribute viruses, Trojans, worms, malware or any other kind of file considered harmful
• Disrupt or unduly impose network load on NBMC’s servers, or otherwise engage in any form of denial of service attack directed towards NBMC or any other party
• Attempt to defeat or bypass security measures put in place to restrict access to certain areas of the Site, or facilitate unauthorized access of any kind
In order to use some of the resources hosted by NBMC you may be asked to register one or more user accounts. In order to create this account you are required to provide certain pieces of information to NBMC, such as but not limited to, your name and a valid e-mail address.
When you provide this information you certify that it is correct and complete. By submitting your registration you understand and accept that NBMC may attempt to verify the accuracy of the information you provided before your registration is validated. NBMC reserves the right to refuse your request for access, and may suspend or revoke access, temporarily or permanently, at any time at its sole discretion without notification.
NBMC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site, at any time, without any advance notice.
NBMC reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time. We do so by posting and drawing attention to the updated terms on the Site. Your decision to continue to visit and make use of the Site after such changes have been made constitutes your formal acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
Therefore, we ask that you check and review this Agreement for such changes on an occasional basis. Should you not agree to any provision of this Agreement or any changes we make to this Agreement, we ask and advise that you do not use or continue to access the Site immediately.
Do you have questions or concerns about this Agreement? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.